Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dexterity, Thy Name Is Nate

So Nate and I, we have this game we play. It's been going on for awhile and I really don't know why I haven't posted about it before because he really has quite a talent at it.

It all started with the fleecy pants – and I need to pause here to say how much I have enjoyed the use we have gotten out of said fleecy pants. With two babies constantly outgrowing everything, these pants have not only stood the test of time but are also so soft and comfy and super-easy to pull on, even over fluffy cloth covered bums. They first showed up on the babies here in April. And here in May. And here and here in June. We are still wearing them and that's pretty amazing since they made their very first appearance on this blog before the babies were even born! I love them and I'm going to be missing them very soon since they won't fit much longer. If any of you happen to find pants just like these:


... please pick up two pair for us because they really are (were?) just awesome. 

OK, now that I've paid those pants their proper due I'll get back to Nate and his talents.

The pants have a decorative tie that I've always tied into a half-knot. No special reason really, although if I'd tied them into a full knot I might not be telling you this story. Or maybe I would still... I did mention the boy was dexterous, right?

Oh, Nate loves to untie that half-knot. At first I just thought it had come undone on it's own, but one day I actually saw him in action untying it – with much concentration and purpose. Now I think he could manage it in his sleep. Those pants can keep him entertained endlessly as long as mommy ties the knot again.

So, of course there's a video over on our YouTube™ channel where you can check out Nate's skills. In the meantime, here's a still from one of my favorite parts of the video:


His Gamma Rita would say he has "the sly look" here, and she might be right. I love the little grin he shoots at the camera as if to say, "Did you all catch that then? I'm goooooood!". 

***NOT SHOWN: how well this skill translates since Nate is busy working on his diaper cover now. He's managed to get it almost all the way off once, and he LOVES to play with the velcro closures whenever he gets a chance. His OR his brother's I should say, so you know it's only a matter of time before he turns "pro" at this trick as well. 

Oh dear.

Thank goodness pants weather is right around the corner. Even though we've had a lovely summer, fall can't get here fast enough.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment