Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Updates On Everything II

Well, it's time for another mass update post since I feel like I'm getting behind on keeping up with Nate and Seth and all their antics and adventures.

First things first... the boys are 7 months old today! Don't worry, this isn't our official 7 Month post – check back later today/early this evening for updates and cute pics of the babies. Speaking of which...

Videos, Videos, Videos: 

I uploaded 5 new clips to our YouTube™ channel the other day and then ran out of time to let you all know about it over here on the blog, so by all means head on over and check 'em out while they're still fresh. Here's our list of new titles (in no particular order):


Spooky Seth™: What can I say? The boy makes some spooky sounds that are very much his own, although I never thought I'd actually capture it on video since Seth is typically distracted whenever I've got camera in hand. This video features an unexpected visit from Spooky Seth™, interspersed with some really big grins.


Spooky Seth™ Part II: Not so spooky anymore but Spooky Seth™ sounds were certainly the jumping off place for Seth's NEW noises, which sound suspiciously like Donald Duck to me. 


How To Steal Your Brother's Butterflies (And Get Away With It): This video has a bit of everything: playtime, big smiles, bonks in the head, songs from the jungle gym, Spooky Seth™ noises, kicky legs, cuteness and of course, butterfly thievery. 



Peas: Lip Smackin' Good: A short video of Nate trying peas for the first time. I love the lip smack at the end. : ) 


Peas: The Bib Is Also Tasty: A short video of Seth. I think the title says it all really. A small funny... when you upload videos to YouTube™ it automatically generates tag suggestions for your convenience. Sometimes, however the suggested tag really misses the mark. YouTube's recommendation for this video was "Combat Sports".

New Foods:

Speaking of peas, here's an update on our first foods. So far we've tried sweet potatoes, peas, bananas, avocados, peaches, squash and pears. I've made some things myself and left others to the fine people at Gerber™. The babies are fine with either, except sweet potatoes which they now prefer from the jar. Of course. Naturally, I let them know they were breaking their mama's heart but I don't think they heard me over the lip-smacking going on. They are both hearty eaters and love their solids.

As for favorite foods, I was about to declare avocados the big winner until they tried squash. They loooooove squash. Can't get enough. Pears are a close second, and they definitely consider it the best meal EVER when both are on the menu at the same time.

I, on the other hand, prefer the avocados since I'm convinced they keep my babies fuller (and therefore sleeping longer) at night. We also introduced oat cereal at bedtime a week ago and it seems to be helping with keeping everyone asleep past 5:30 AM (or the dreaded 4:45 AM!) for the most part as well. As far as I'm concerned, avocados and oat cereal are the best meal EVER – and since I've been mixing in some pears with the oats, everybody wins! : )

Toothwatch 2010:

Gotcha Nate!


Finally, a photo of the prized teeth. No other teeth to report yet, however. Toothwatch 2010 is still in full effect for Seth. 

Nate's Plagiocephaly:

After just 5 visits to the osteopath, I'm so happy to report that we are seeing definite results. I took a "before" photo of Nate's head around the beginning of July and some "after" photos yesterday morning. Pardon the messy food face/neck in the "after" shots, but breakfast in the high-chair seemed like the best time to catch Nate in profile without a helper around to hold him while I took the pictures.

Before: 


Even here his head was not as flat as it had been originally since we had already been doing tummy time and positioning him off his flat side at night, but you can see the flatness is still quite prominent.

After: 



What a difference already! It's easy to spot some pretty dramatic changes to his head shape, particularly at the base of the skull and overall less of a "cone" shape to the crown as plates of his head move downward. We have a follow-up visit in 6 weeks time to check for further progress and possibly have additional treatment if required. In the meantime, Nate has become a confirmed tummy sleeper during naps and at night which is going to go a long way also in helping his skull bones reshape themselves naturally. Go Nate!

And with that, I think that's all our recent news for now (or at least the highlights). Don't forget to check back later today for our official 7 Month post – hope this keeps you all busy reading in the meantime.

- L.

1 comment: