Friday, March 25, 2011

If You Have Sandwiches, Now Would Be A Good Time To Send Them

A mommy confession: a few nights before I took pics of the guys in their workout gear, I had put Seth in just a pair of the pants and let him run around the nursery shirtless*. He looked like such a little dude cruising around that evening and after going on and on about it later to my mom I told her I'd take some pics.

Which I did – but we'll get to that in a minute.

The thing is, we all already know Seth is a skinny guy – and for that matter so is Nate. I've been meaning for some time now to post my boys' height/weight stats from their 1 year check-up and this at least seems like a relevant post, so here are the particulars:

Nate: 20.5 lbs. (9.30 kg.) | 30 in. (76 cm.)

Seth: 18.75 lbs. (8.5 kg.) | 30 in. (76 cm.)

This is the biggest disparity in weight they've ever had, but they are once again exactly the same height so Seth was clearly spending his time growing vertically even more than usual. Nate is somewhere over the 25th percentile, but that was about as specific as the pediatrician got, and by the time she was entering Seth's stats into the computer we'd already been there going on two hours and I think we were all pretty weary at that point so I forgot to ask. I have a feeling he may have dipped below the 10th percentile at this point though.

Call it a hunch.

For the record, this is what I see when I look at Seth sans shirt: 


See what I mean? Such a little dude! I think he looks ready to do a few rounds in the ring in this pic.

So I kept clicking. 


This is Skinny standing next to Slim. Hmm... looking a little bony in the shoulders there, but I think the camera/lighting is creating some extra shadows or something. Isn't the camera supposed to add weight?


Here's Nate letting it all hang out – and even at that you can see his ribs pretty clearly – but I bet you didn't even notice because you were too busy getting your eyes poked out from the bones on that poor starving child in the background. At the time, I didn't happen to have a sandwich handy, so I kept on with the clicking.

And then things got... interesting?

I never imagined what Seth might look like if he went out of his way to look as skinny as possible – and you don't have to, because here's what it looks like: 


That's Seth on tippy-toes, sucking in his tummy, trying to figure out if he can reach what his little eyes have spied on top of the cabinet**.

And just when I was about to race out to the kitchen to make an entire tray of sandwiches, he did this and I nearly dropped the camera: 


Oy. So much for my shadows and light theory.

So uhmmm... yeah. Send sandwiches. As many as you can spare. We'll be waiting.

*sigh*

- L.

* Half-nakey (AKA "fakey-nakey") is our compromise to what was formerly known as Nakey Time. I was forced to revisit our nakey policy at The Oddest Prime after an incident that was as epic as it was gross. If you're not sure what I'm getting at, the phrase, "he was molding it like potter's clay" (which were words that actually came out of my mouth after the incident) should be enough to steer you in the right direction.

** What Seth spied were some Goldfish crackers. Just to be clear, that is my starving child you've just witnessed attempting to reach for food as though his life depends on it. If only a serving of mommy-guilt was high in calories, I would have shared it with him. Instead we had crackers. Lots of crackers.

1 comment:

  1. There's no time to check for dust on your furnishings when there's so much cutsieness going on on the blog. Not to worry about that little skinny minny of yours - I think I remember his mother looking much the same and look at you now - as normal as normal can be. Gosh, those two little tykes are just a continual cartoon in the making - I think you need to contact an agent. Lots of love, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete