Thursday, March 24, 2011

Working Out With Nate And Seth

Early last fall my mom (AKA Gamma Rita) found a pair of cute track suits on sale at The Children's Place and the deal was just too good to pass up – I believe she bought all 4 pieces for under $12. It really was a steal since TCP had the same track suits back in stock for winter at full price retailing close to $40 for the exact same items. The only caveat was that the smallest size the bargain outfits were available in were size 18 months, but that didn't seem ridiculous since Nate and Seth were already well into 12 month sizes last fall.

Then again, infant/children's clothing sizes have never really made sense. There was a day not long after the suits arrived that wasn't cool enough for jackets, but cool enough for a sweater so I tried the sweatshirts on my babies and let them float about in them while we ran a few errands. Since they were clearly too big I folded them up once we got home and stuck them in the "clothes for later" pile.

This week I went on a bit of a spree cleaning out the boys' closet. Said closet had gotten rather unruly and I knew there were definitely things in there that no longer fit – mostly pants as it turned out since Nate and Seth are bent on growing vertically as much as possible.

Of course, while culling the wares I came across the track suits. They had gotten so buried I had completely forgotten about them. I had a moment of panic thinking, "what if they don't fit?" but then I unfolded them and (again) acknowledged that children's clothing sizes make no sense because I had a pretty good feeling they would fit just fine.

And they did.

So without further ado, enjoy your master class on working out Nate and Seth style. Hope you have your water bottle handy! 


– I is here ready to start 'dis workout. What is you doing Nate?
– I is warming up with some stretches. Is important to stretch before workout. 


– OK everyone! I is all warmed up now. Let's get down to stacking things! If you isn't a blur doing this exercise then you is not getting maximum benefit.
– I is on it Nate! 'Dis blurry enough for you?
– Oh, you got it Seth! That is good amount of blur. 


– I is going to keep on with the stacking, but if you finding you is exerting yourself too hard then is good idea to tone down your workout with a little light reading. Otherwise, try to keep up everyone! You know you is doing it right if tongue is hanging out side of mouth.
– I still manage to be blur with light reading, but you doesn't need to work even 'dis hard if workout too hard for you. Sitting still and reading is also option. Remember to breathe and stay hydrated everyone! 


– OK. I move onto cool down part of workout now, but 'dis not time to slack off. Make no mistake everyone – we is still working hard, but dropping the intensities down just a bit. Is time to taper off the stacking and be working on the nesting now. These blocks is multi-purpose workout tool.

Is still a challenge though. And if you doesn't get it right the first time, keep going everyone! 


– 'Dis exercise get easier the more you do it. 


– Even if your brother photobomb you the moment you achieve the success. *sigh*
– Hi everyone! Is me, Seth! I is trying to get your attention! 


– 'Dis my cool-down routine after light reading part of workout. Step one: find mommy. Step two: look adorable so she put down camera. Step three: commence cuddling.

'Dis my favorite part of workout. It not even feel like exercise! 


– I hope you enjoy our fitness class everyone.
– Me too! And don't forget – take time to keep cooling down with some light activities.
– Like sorting through your workout equipment.
– And looking for missing pieces.
– Oh, there is always missing pieces!
– I know it Nate. Maybe we need to stop hiding stuff so good.
– 'Dis foods for thought, Seth.
– Speaking of foods... 


– ... all 'dis working out make me hungry, Nate.
– Oh, me too. Good thing gym equipment also double as tasty snack. *nom* *nom* *nom* 

•   •   •   •   •

Mommy note to Gamma Rita: I don't think you need to worry about Nate and Seth outgrowing their track suits any time soon. It's been 8 months since you sent these and there is still ample floating room – especially if they keep up with these strenuous workouts. Maybe send a sandwich next time.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nate & Seth - Your Gamma Rita is not a workout type of Gamma but she enjoyed working her eyeballs out on all your cutsieness. Lots of Love, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete