Saturday, March 26, 2011

New: Cute, Cozy Hats. Not New: Shenanigans.

I'm a sucker for a fundraiser that offers hats in exchange for donations because if there's one thing we're short on over here (other than sandwiches) it's hats.

So... new hats! Yay! Otherwise it's shenanigans as usual. 


The bookshelf (any bookshelf actually) is always an immediate lure, hats or no hats. My boys love a good book. Or more accurately, "booh!" if you want to be precise. 


But they soon got sidetracked by the Haba walker wagon. Not the best shot since Nate's eyes are being blocked by the handle, but I wanted to show this one anyway.

Is it just me, or can you kind of picture this same scene under the hood of a first car someday? 


– What make 'dis thing go everyone? It move all the way across the room somehow and I needs to figure 'dis out! 


– Psst. Hi everyone. Is me Seth! I is using my whisper voice so "shhhh"! You not need to say "hi". I know you is there. Now pipe down everyone before Nate hear you! You know how that guy is sometimes stealing my stuff? Well, I come up with fancy bait and switch plan. Here goes! 


– Look Nate, a mouse! Is mine, but you can has it.

*scurry* *scurry* *scurry* 


– Oh darns. It not work. He find me anyway. I think I needs to work on my scurry everone.

And speaking of working on stuff... 


The Playstation remote that Nate unearthed wasn't very helpful as it turned out (at least not for the TV*). 


... but he had no trouble finding the "on" button on the TV the old-fashioned way. For the record, the TV is not something they technically know about. I think the last time it was on was around the time I could tell they were aware of it and it's been officially "off" every since. For what it's worth, he wasn't actually interested in watching TV – he just liked pressing the button. Over and over and over again.

Seth, on the other hand, was busy muscling onto the complete works of Shakespeare in the background. Talk about a "booh!".

And now for the shenanigans... 


If you can't actually hear the gears turning over in this pic, it's probably time to turn up your hearing aid. Plans are about to be afoot. 


Hey guys, what's going on over there? 


Oh.

Well, it's nice to see you sharing I suppose. 


And if you're having a hard time seeing the mischief-making in these faces, it's time to book an appointment with the optometrist pronto. Once you're done fiddling with your hearing aid that is.

It was pretty much downhill shenanigans all the way at this point and definitely time to put the camera down. So I did.

- L.

*Why yes, that is an inch of dust on the TV. If you could all pretend you didn't notice it, that would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment