Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's An OP Miracle!

Sunday I was able to borrow a memory card reader and faster than you can say, "All that trouble over one corrupted file?", I had downloaded the previously inaccessible Twinpalooza Playdate pics – minus the one corrupted file of course that was holding up the works.

It couldn't have happened at a better time either since we've come down with the plague and the photo ops around here have been a bit skint of late.

Looking at the pics I took, four things struck me:

1.) This is one cute bunch of babies.
2.) Despite everyone having a great time that day, everyone under the age of 1 is looking so serious. All that playing is hard work everyone!
3.) My guys really did spend an inordinate amount of time hovering over those activity tables. Probably trying to figure out the fastest way to this maneuver.
4.) The Touching Finger is everywhere. Really. It makes an appearance in more of these shots than Nate himself. See if you can spot them all!

And now – the playdate revisited...


– I has a plan everyone. I is going to stands here and look very serious and touch stuff until 'dis table is mine.


– I be with you in a minute bro'. I is a little tied up right now. Seriously. 'Dis toy has different flavors than at-home toys and I think I likes it. Nom, nom, nom. 


– Oh hi. I is making guest appearance and batting my big brown eyes about while having no idea how gorgeous I is AT ALL and I still manage to give off effortless, yet serious vibe even though there is some kid's hand in background touching stuff. 


– Oh hi also. I is passing though just to let everyone know 'dis actually my table. But I does it casual like and manage to strike serious handsome pose at the same time. I also sneak hugs from lady with camera. She not mommy, but she cuddle pretty good as it turns out. In 'dis kind of pandemonium sometimes you got to take what you can get.


– OK. I is here now everyone, checking out the action at last. Also checking out the hand creeping in from corner over there.


– How you figure we talk mommy into 'dis sweet set-up, Nate?
– Oh, I is not figuring anymore. I lose the plot awhile ago and is just busy touching stuff now. New things be my undoing everytime. Is personal kryptonite but in a good way. *touch* *touch* *touch*


– Listen, you seem like nice man and all but you is gonna have to find your own activity table mister. Maybe try next one over cause 'dis is one is occupied. I is serious! (Unless you can smuggle 'dis out in your sweater and deliver it to my home address. Then we is good).


– Oh hi. I learn new trick from some kid earlier, but I make some adjustments and now it even better. Goodbye, touching finger. Hello, touching hand – BAM! Serious move everyone!


– You is not activity table, but I make do and touch you anyway. *touch* *touch* *touch*
– Er... mommy? We needs to talk later 'bout some of these guests. 'Dis one putting his finger on why right now.


– Well, that was fun but I is distracted now by new distraction.
– Dude, who invited that kid?
– Dunno, but his mommy gives pretty good hugs. Not good good like our mommy, but they is alright in a pinch. Maybe next time we just invite the mommies. *wink*
– I is staying out of 'dis one everyone. I just sit here and enjoy the not-at-home flavors. They is different, but strangely yummy. Nom, nom, nom.


– Well, hello there new distraction. What is you with four legs and fur anyway? Is you a funny looking kitty cat? Hmmm... maybe we has funny looking kitty cat and you is regular looking kitty cat. Does not matter right now. What matter is 'dis invisible force field getting in my way. My defenses is weak strange kitty. Must. Touch. Everything. 'Dis include you.


– Wait! Where you going? Come back strange kitty! Come baaaaaack!!!
– Don't worry kid. I is also vexed by 'dis invisible force field. Like, ALL the time. My mommy activate it quicker than quick and I is pretty fast. Is MY kryptonite, but not in a good way.
– *sigh*
– *sigh*

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! All the serious faces make me laugh...you're right that play is serious business.

    ReplyDelete