Friday, March 18, 2011

Blueberries Revisited

You might recall from a previous post that blueberries made it all the way to the #1 spot when it comes to stinkeroo foods (even over the 3 P's – peaches, peas and peanut butter).

Don't ask what possessed me to revisit blueberries today. It's possible I'm delirious with sickness right now, but it's more likely I just needed some entertainment since we haven't been out of the house in almost two weeks and blueberries seemed like just the ticket.

After all was said and done, it's pretty clear that blueberries have moved down the charts some since last time, but I think I can still safely say they're still not a crowd pleaser. I can also safely say that the results were not what I expected.

Nate's take on blueberries (Part II): 


Checking out the goods.


Sampling the wares. 


Taking a better look. Love the lip stain! 


Hope you're not squeamish, because... too late! This is what Nate did with every single berry – he'd put it in his mouth, make a vague chewing motion and spit out whatever was left over. Mmmm... 


– Oh no, is they all gone mommy? 


Sorry little guy, they're all gone. Blueberries went bye-bye. Mostly all over your pants. And the floor.

And now, Seth's take on blueberries (Part II):

*I apologize in advance for the big chunk of avocado stuck to his face in every shot. I meant to just take one picture of that because it was sort of cute but then I got distracted by his maneuvers with the blueberries and forgot to pick it off. 


First, the analysis. 


Followed by the tentative pick up. 


And the deliberate put down. 


Six times.

(Not shown: Seth taking the time to lick each and every berry before banishing them from his plate. I really need to learn to hit record. It was pretty priceless.)

Things I learned about blueberries today:

1.) Black was definitely a good color choice for shirts, but I forgot to consider the pants. As a result, tips on getting rid of blueberry stains from light grey fleece will be much appreciated in comments.

2.) This is not an indoor food. The next time blueberries will be on the menu: Summertime. It's when they're in season and it's warm enough no one needs to be wearing more than a diaper, even outside (preferably near a hose). Six blueberries apiece made more mess than I ever could have imagined.

- L.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I gots no tips on removing blueberry stains but I do have a friend that swears hairspray removes every stain she's ever had. Just spray and toss in the wash. Good luck and thanks for all the sweet photos - it would have been even better in motion. Love Gamma Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has always worked for me to remove any fruit stains, blueberries included:
    1. Boil water
    2. Spread fabric with stain over the top of a mixing bowl
    3. Pour the boiled water slowly through the stain - water falls into the bowl
    4. Keep pouring until the stain is washed away, usually takes only a few seconds
    Your photos and comments are delightful, thank you ...
    the other Rita

    ReplyDelete