Monday, October 25, 2010

Blueberries: Possibly The Most Stinkeroo Food Of All Time

Yesterday afternoon while Uncle Brent and Auntie Karen visited (and kept the boys good and entertained!) I got busy in the kitchen whipping up a batch of blueberries. I was disappointed that the big bag of berries only yielded 8 servings, but in hindsight I guess I should be relieved.

This is Nate experiencing blueberries for the first time today:


Don't mistake his wide-eyed look for anything but total shock that I have just fed him something so awful.

This was the beginning of the revolt: 


But it got worse. Much worse. No pics obviously since I was too busy with my own shocked look when Nate actually gagged on said blueberries – and trust me, it wasn't because he had too much in his mouth (although if you ask Nate he would tell you that any amount of blueberries is too much blueberries). He really hated them.

And then there was Seth. This is his first reaction: 


Followed quickly by this: 


Does this kid give the best stink-face, or what?

So yeah, that sums up our attempt at blueberries. I think I'll keep the rest on ice for now and maybe try applesauce tomorrow (don't worry, I didn't slave over the stove for that – I went strictly store-bought so the odds of it being well-received are in my favor).

In the end, Nate did discover a purpose for the evil berries after all: 



They're fun to play with at least.

Otherwise, verdict is: SUPER-STINKEROO.

- L.

4 comments:

  1. Seth's "stink face" definately wins first prize although I recognize the "icky-muckies" Nate is making with his blueberries (his mummy's habit). With all those lovely toys in the nursery those boys must be the happiest boys ever. We loved watching their new progress and thank you to Marc for providing for his sons so well as well as thank you to Lisa for being such a loving and attentive mom. Lots of love, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon,

    I agree with Gamma Rita that Nate and Seth indeed have wonderfully loving and discerning parents who continue to provide amazingly interesting and creative play possibilities.

    Their introduction to new tastes at mealtimes is marvellous, too, Lisa, despite the "stink face" vote from time to time.

    You're the best!!

    Much love from,

    Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me again - I just watched the two recent videos for the umpteenth time and realize I forgot to give Nate his due for the lovely ballet steps - nice going Nate - first prize for you! Love, hugs and kisses, Gamma Rita xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you meant to say "yoga moves", but ballet steps is an interesting take.

    I'll be sure to pass along your compliments either way. : )

    ReplyDelete