Sunday, October 31, 2010

(Un)Happy Hallowe'en Everyone!


– Well, 'dis is new. I wonder what I think of it.


– Oh, right. 


– I hate it! 


– I'm with you brother. 'Dis is stinkeroo! 


– Why mommy? Why??? 

Sound oddly familiar? Sometimes this blog really does write itself, but even I did not predict this reaction. Really. I thought leaves and pumpkins would equal a fun time had by all – or at least be distracting enough to snap a few photos.

Sadly, long gone are the days of placing Nate and Seth side by side and taking a few cute pics at my leisure. We are mobile and on the move now and we sit still for nothing and no one. And also... leaves are a little scary. Apparently.

Everyone did much better above ground: 


– I is doing better now everyone.


– I think.


– 'Dis is kind of fun.


– OK, maybe I not do so well with leaves everyone. And maybe 'dis outfit has a bow tie... 


– ... but I is still tough guy you know!

In the end, Nate at least made his peace with the leaves. 


Only to look like he was expecting trouble from... 


... this guy: 


It was an adventure to say the least, and at the end I had the worn out babies to prove it: 


And lastly (despite appearances), it really is a Happy Hallowe'en everyone! I'll be keeping my favorite treats far away from the scary leaves today while keeping an eye out for their regular trickery. So basically, business as usual.

Boo!

- L.

Next post: The Hallowe'en after party. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Nate and Seth are the cutest Scarecrow and Tin Man ever!!

    I have just shared these photos with their cousins who have returned home after a fantastic Trick or Treating garbed as a peacock and Edward Scissorhands- good warm costume choices given the dip in temperature this evening, as it turned out.

    They think that Nate and Seth look "adorable"!!

    Happy first Hallowe'en:)

    Candy kisses and hugs,

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete