Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Think They Liked It!

As you may recall, my first attempt at introducing meat protein to Nate and Seth was not a hit. A few days later, I tried a Beef Vegetable flavor that was met with a similar reaction and so decided to shelve the meats for awhile and let everyone regroup.

Now when I first started feeding the babies solids I was determined to make as much of their food as possible. I had my freezer well stocked with sweet potatoes, peas and bananas and was contemplating carrots when I gave them pears from the jar for the first time. They loved those pears (still do), but one of the things they loved most was the extremely smooth texture that is only possible with commercial baby foods. It wasn't long before they wanted ALL their foods from the jar, including sweet potatoes and carrots (although it turns out they just don't like peas – at least not anymore – so I guess I won't take that one personally since Gerber® didn't get it right either).

I had all but given up on making anything other than avocados and was wondering if I'd still be feeding the boys' pureés on their way off to college when they decided a little texture is OK after all.

Earlier this week I postponed my dinner to make a batch of pureéd chicken and offered it to Nate and Seth for lunch the next day (I mixed it 1:1 with sweet potatoes since plain chicken paste didn't seem very appealing on its own) and while it might not be their very favorite meal ever, they ate it!

Check it out: 


– Mommy feed me some new foods today. At first I was like this...


– ... but then I think about it and I was like this! Not bad, mommy. Not bad.


– I hear you brother. I was a bit like this myself.


– But then I say, bring it on mommy! 


– No really, bring it on! I is waiting. 

•   •   •   •   •

Mommy note: Nate and Seth are modeling their new Ikea® bibs – talk about full coverage! – and a great idea for messy babies to boot.

- L.

1 comment: