Wednesday, October 20, 2010

An Update + Some New Fun Toys

Earlier this month, Nate had his follow-up appointment with Osteopath Samara and not only did she give him a big thumbs up on his progress so far, we don't need to go back for any more visits! This is good news for me, but probably gets a mixed review from the boys. They always had a great time at Nate's appointments because Samara has the best toys.

At our last visit, she introduced some different toys than the ones we were starting to get familiar with because as she pointed out, the boys are older now and looking for new challenges... which got me thinking. And shopping.

I didn't want to overwhelm everyone, so I decided to introduce things slowly – but check out some of the new toys I was able to find online. They are definitely a hit.

Up first was our new Stacking Puzzle Box by Gowi™. It features 10 stacking/nesting cups and also comes with a shape sorter in the lid of the container that everything neatly fits back into when it's time to play "put away". The pieces stack up really high when fully assembled, but that was a challenge with two babies who were intent on destruction.


I'm surprised there are two that are still stacked actually. 

And there was not time to stack and take a picture before things got knocked down, but I like the motion in this shot: 


It was all very fascinating until Seth decided my camera looked like a fun toy too. The rest of Seth is out of frame because he's trying to climb up my leg to get at it. 


That's when I knew it was time to introduce the Hammer Balls by Plan Toys™ (minus the hammer of course for reasons that should be obvious). It's really a well made toy that can be enjoyed without the hammer option as the balls push through with a hand as well.

Seth was having a pretty good time with it... 


... when suddenly Nate spied the new toy and couldn't get over to it fast enough. I had no idea my laid back son could move this quickly. Seriously, he's a blur. 


In the end a good time was had by all... 


... although perhaps too good since later this afternoon the camera again found Seth in a sad state


Midway through his afternoon bottle he promptly rolled over and hit snooze. I couldn't decide whether this looked comfortable or not, but I leaned toward "not" and put him to bed.

- L.

PS. The new jammies in the playtime pics are size 18 months. 18 months!!! I know my babies are long, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. We love Nate's praying hands in one of the photos and love Seth's little overalls - too cute for words - they make me smile every day. Love, hugs and kisses from Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete