Thursday, February 2, 2012

First Haircut

My boys' first haircut – on their second birthday no less – went off splendidly. In the end I was so glad we did this, birthday or not. 

We showed up here midway through Daddy's haircut, which was strategy on our part:

Official barber pole was also strategy. It's in the OP colors after all.
Nate and Seth got to hang out and check things out. They saw Daddy having a good time and I think being the only customers waiting helped a lot. 


Last look at Nate's wild mane... 


... before it was go time:


Barber Mike had his work cut out for him, but Nate sat so still on his Daddy's lap. 


And I just love this picture:


Seth meanwhile was hanging out with Gamma Rita in the next chair over and had a great time going up and down in the big chair and checking himself out in the mirror. Last look at Seth's natural mullet* by the way:


Because it was suddenly go time for Seth too... 


... who somehow made it look like sitting in a barber's chair was an everyday thing. In true Seth style, he was a cool customer the entire time:

Barbers. I eats them for breakfast everyone!
• • • • • • •

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...  the BIG REVEAL!

I took these pics after our birthday supper, so please excuse the messy faces. Feel free to swoon a little though.





- L.

*Barber Mike appeared a little confounded at Seth's natural mullet and asked if I'd cut some off the top myself. Apparently it looked like a Mommy home haircut attempt gone awry!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Nate and Seth,

    Congratulations on your first trip to barber Mike. You were excellent customers!

    I think that your new haircuts look terrific!

    XXOO Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete