Monday, February 27, 2012

One Week Down. One To Go.

It's been one week since we bid a fond-farewell to the bottles (AKA: "babas"), and it was especially timely since we were down to our last 2 bottle nipples that somehow hadn't managed to fall victim to chewnits*. We are fully on board with sippy cups for our milk now.

It was the right time for other reasons too and I know this because it was done without fanfare or fuss.

For 6 days Nate and Seth still called those sippy cups "babas" and to be honest, I didn't care what they called them as long as the sippies were working. On the 7th day, Nate declared them "big boy cups".

And it was good.

We're on a bit of a "big boy" spree around here lately – and also in recent news, my boys have been sleeping through the night like nobody's business.

In fact, we're sleeping so well and also so into things that "big boys" do that I'm planning to convert their cribs to toddler beds next Sunday – complete with real blankets and hopefully a fond farewell to sleep sacks.

Wish us luck!

- L. 

*Re: "chewnits" and other things I posted about here and here that got the "*" without explanation. It wasn't my intent to leave anyone hanging over a "tse-tse caper" or a "wu-fu". It's coming, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment