Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Yesterday I decided to bake up a batch of Valentine's cookies for today. The fact that I didn't have a heart shaped cookie cutter or anything particularly Valentine-themed about only gave me momentary pause.

Because, of course, nothing says "I love you" like a plate of Valentine's Piggies.

Or as I prefer to call them, "Valentine Swine".

I gave the boys their treats after lunch. I decided the ones with sprinkles might be fun, not knowing that sprinkles would require such scrutiny before anyone was up for taking a bite. 


Nate was particularly mesmerized (and maybe just a little cross-eyed):


He stared at that cookie forever before finally taking a bite, and said "sprinkles" over and over again. The sprinkles really made a big impression!

Spa-rinkles!

Which meant I very nearly missed the action going on to the right... 

Seth got over inspecting the cookie pretty quickly and promptly bit off Piggy's head:

I huffs, then I puffs, then I bites your head off.

Then he took his headless Piggy for a walk across the table:

"And 'dis little piggy had no head..."

He tucked in properly after the walkabout though and looked very proprietary about his treat until it was "all gone!". 

The spa-rinkles, they is mine.
- L.

PS. I should mention that lunch unintentionally turned into a themed event since it started with a plate of bacon. 

– Is there nice way to tell Mommy to put camera down now? I's hungry.
– Dunno Nate, but maybe 'dis expression do the trick.

• • • • • • •

PPS. While I was preparing lunch today, Seth ran back and forth shouting "I love you!" at the top of his lungs. My boys at this point will parrot an "I love you" back if I say it first, so multiple spontaneous declarations of love (on Valentine's Day no less) was a pretty big deal.

Until I noticed he was running around with a plastic lemon in his hand and listened a little more closely.

It's amazing how much "a LEH-moh!" and "I LUH you!" sound alike when shouted out by a fast moving toddler.

Even more amazing is that I fell for it all over again at supper.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Oinks and piggy snorts and a big "a-LEH-moh!" to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment