Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Keeping Watch O'er The Flock



Early yesterday morning, a backlit Zed kept watch as Nate snoozed peacefully on the couch. I was over at my makeshift desk with Seth in my arms – he was a little fussy – and the camera was handy so I quickly snapped a shot of this sweet scene. What you can't see in the shadows of Zed's face is how protective she looked as she gazed down at my little one. I already knew that Maine Coon cats have a good natured temperament – and as a result are good pets around children – but I did a little more research and found this:

While Maine Coons are highly people-oriented cats, they are not overly-dependent. They do not constantly pester you for attention, but prefer to hang out with their owners, investigating whatever activity you're involved in and "helping" when they can.


And this:

The Maine Coon is well known for its loving nature, kindly disposition and great intelligence. Maines are especially good with children and have always been a popular and sought after companion.


While the great intelligence part is debatable, I'll vouch for the rest. Zed's a pretty sweet kitty and gives us no reason to feel nervous with her around our little ones (she might need to worry in a few months though!).

Of course, when her hard work "helping" is done, there's nothing like curling up in the sunny spot for a well earned nap:



- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment