Wednesday, April 7, 2010

More Easter Awesome

Two other people were also very excited about meeting Nate and Seth on Easter Monday and couldn't wait to take their turn holding the boys – my babies' cousins, Simone and Maxine. Both of the girls were so gentle with my little ones and you can see how peaceful the babies look in the pics. And of course, everyone is so adorable.

Little Maxine who is only 4 is suddenly so grown-up and kept asking in her sweet voice if she could hold one of the babies, so we got her all set up in the big armchair and placed Nate in her arms. They were both quite content for the longest time and Maxine was such a good big cousin doting on him and giving him kisses. She even helped me change him later!



Simone had it all under control with Seth and even gave her grandma some pointers on soothing him. Whatever she was doing, it was clearly working since he's down for the count and I really don't recall him sleeping at all during our visit other than when she was holding him.



And speaking of sleeping, thanks to everyone who coddled, cooed at and otherwise kept my babies awake and entertained so well that afternoon and evening. Really, thank you. We fed the boys when we got home that night, put them to bed around 10:30 and they slept right through until 6:15 the next morning! Yes, they actually slept through the night for the very first time. I couldn't believe my eyes the next morning when I heard a bit of fussing and looked at the clock. It's the longest stretch of sleep I've had since probably my 7th month of pregnancy and it was bliss.

I hope it's the beginning of a trend. : )

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable! Sleeping through the night!!! Congratulations and I hope the trend continues.
    Beatrice

    ReplyDelete