Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life Lessons With Nate & Seth: Priorities

Being a new mommy is hard work and being a new mommy to twins is – at times – very literally double the hard work. There's precious little time for anything other than their care and comfort, so you have to learn to have patience with the things that can wait. Like cleaning. And feeding yourself. And wearing something other than pajamas. Etc. and Etc. again. The list, of course, goes on.

I wasn't having the best morning I'll admit.

And then this happened:



Sorry for the grainy pictures, but the sun was barely up, the boys had just finished breakfast and I was in the process of transferring them from their Boppy's to their bouncers, when I went to pick up Seth and saw the biggest smile on his face. It had diminished a little by the time I grabbed a camera (also said camera was a tad distracting), but there's still some little grins going on here (and a big one too!).

After I carried him over to the bouncers, I looked down and there was Nate, also full of smiles. You can tell he thought the camera was great fun since his grin just kept getting bigger and bigger.



And seeing them both so happy for no particular reason – just because – made my whole day in those few moments. Everything else can wait.

- L.

3 comments:

  1. Can't help smiling, too.

    Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cleaning and scrubbing (and everything else!;) )can wait till tomorrow, But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep! I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true Luv! I thought of that little rhyme yesterday (and many other days too).

    ReplyDelete