Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby Report: Our 4 Month Visit To The Pediatrician

Our original appointment was bumped from last week to today, which was a good thing as it turned out since there was a lot of fussing after the babies' shots this afternoon and had the appointment gone ahead as originally scheduled I think I would have had to cancel the Kidney Day festivities.

These are some sad babies we have at our house today. : (

They also went to bed a little earlier than usual which I don't like particularly, even though they're not crying at least. I don't like it because I hate the thought that they're tired from crying so much, or worse – that the shots themselves are the cause. Vaxing is something we decided to do because we felt that the risks associated with vaccinating are less risky than not vaccinating. I'm happy with the vax schedule we have in Ontario and it doesn't seem over the top or like there is really anything unnecessary as part of the recommended vaccines in our province. Still, it's hard not to worry because no one wants their child to be the statistic. I always keep a close eye on my boys and check in with them often after they have gone to bed, but I think tonight will warrant a few extra checks. I hate worrying but I know sometimes it just can't be helped.

On a brighter note, the boys had a great checkup otherwise and are getting bigger and bigger. Here are today's stats at 4 months + 1 week old:

Nate: 13.6 lbs. or 13 lbs. 9 oz. (6.16 kg) | 25 in. (64 cm)

Seth: 12.9 lbs. or 12 lbs. 15 oz. (5.86 kg) | 24.25 in. (61.5 cm)

So basically, still growing like weeds*. Nate is now in the 25th percentile for their age group and although Seth is still in the 10th percentile the pediatrician is very happy with the progress of both boys.

And just because a post is never as awesome without pics, here are some photos I took yesterday of the boys in some new togs their Grandma Rita brought for them.







Too cute, but don't be fooled by what the camera captured since they weren't very happy about the hats as it turned out. Yep, more sad babies. In these pics though, you'd never know it at least. ; )

- L.

*Again – really, really cute weeds of course.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the glowing 4 month+ check-up!

    I hope both Nate and Seth are feeling much more like themselves today after the necessary, yet painful, vaccination process.

    Kudos to Grandma Rita for her choice of new togs!!

    The boys look absolutely adorable.

    I'm sending oodles of kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete