Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kidney Day Update

Thanks to everyone for all the comments left in yesterday's post. I was laughing that Padrin is more popular than the babies – but I know it's not every day his kidney turns 11.

Or 12 for that matter.

Yes – somehow I lost a year in there somewhere because Squirtle turned 12 yesterday. What can I say? I have mommy brain now (which is a great excuse for just about any occasion btw).

Padrin, Squirtle and I all had a great time celebrating over dinner last night. Our server took a nice picture of us, but Padrin is feeling shy and declined to be shown so I've protected his identity with that handy symbol I normally use to cover baby bums and bits.



Trust me though, it's a nice picture of the two of us and it's been so long since I had time to make a hairdo or put makeup on I figured I'd better post the pic anyway so I can remember what it felt like to look like a cute momma for an evening. I had forgotten there was still something salvageable under all the baby spit-up.

Did I mention that I'm incredibly humble too? ; )

Ah, where was I? Oh yes – even though it was Squirtle's big day, Padrin surpised me with some awesome gifts for Nate and Seth.





Two bunting bag type sleep sacks and two little pocket pillows (for the Tooth Fairy of course!). I love, love, LOVE how he had it all personalized and the "A" and "B" on the sleep sacks is just too adorable. It takes me back in the nicest possible way to a time when Nate and Seth were known simply as Baby A and Baby B.

Thank you Padrin for the lovely gifts and for being such a good and thoughtful friend. I look forward to celebrating Kidney Day again with you next year when Squirtle finally becomes a teenager.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment