Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Terrible Tooths



– Dis is no fun, no fun AT ALL! Pardon me while I scream my head off in your general direction.
– I was just gonna complain about my dirty shirt, but I guess life could be worse. Hang in there brother.

Well, we all knew this was coming. It looks like the arrival of the babies' first teeth are imminent after all (and maybe explains some of Nate's sad faces around here lately).

I actually thought we were back to smiling again when I got the camera out, but I guess the Infant Tylenol hadn't quite done it's job yet. Poor little guy. We are all feeling so sorry for him and Seth is doing a very good job of looking concerned too.

I haven't seen actual teeth breaking through the gums yet, but for the past 4 days Nate has needed a dose or two of Tylenol to get him through the late morning and afternoon which seem worse for him for some reason. Thankfully nighttime seems to be OK for now. So far all is quiet for Seth, but I expect that will change soon. Last week they were both chewing furiously on whatever they could get their hands on – which was often their own hands as it turned out. Other popular favorites included my hands and the terry cloths we use for taking care of spit-ups (bonus points for used ones because they have a flavor, of course).

In the meantime I'm keeping an eye out for the first glimpse of white in otherwise red, swollen gums – and hoping the painful part passes quickly.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment