Wednesday, June 2, 2010

They've Been Warned

Well, I've done my level best to prepare Nate and Seth for the arrival of Hurricane Rita (AKA Grandma Rita) and her sidekick sister Auntie E. tomorrow at 6:30 PM EST. I didn't have any luck finding baby scuba suits, so I guess the boys are on their own as to how they're going to survive the deluge of Grandma R's slobbery kisses and tears, which will be abundant I don't doubt.

Although, in her defense, my poor mother had to wait 39 long years to become a grandma and then I made her wait another 4 months and 2 days to fly out and meet her grandbabies – because I'm a BIG MEANIE like that – so none of us should be surprised if the babies are half drowned by tomorrow evening.

Still – you can't help but feel sorry for the poor little guys.



– Will this blanket be 'nuff you think?



– Dunno. I has a terry cloth. Dey hold plenty of slobber.



– OK, me too. Bring it on Gamma – we's ready for you!

*sigh*

Oh, those sweet, innocent babies - they have no idea what they're in for. I'd better gather up the blankets and look for higher ground because there's a big wet front about to blow through.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. It's not the 39 years - it's the 4 months and 2 days - I wasn't sitting around pining for grandchildren for 39 years. I just figured twasn't gonna happen. HOWEVER, once I got wind they were on their way, the 4+ months was pretty hard so come what may, those babies better be ready! See you t'morrow. Love Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete