Sunday, June 27, 2010

Laundry Watch 2010 | Current Status: Red Alert

We're officially upgrading our status from Yellow to Red since our landlords are painting and such in the suite downstairs so that means we are officially without functioning laundry facilities until tomorrow morning when the lonely Maytag Man (AKA Ol' Lonely) is supposed to be making an appearance. I did manage to get a load of diapers washed last night in our coffee-grinder wash machine and am desperately trying to line dry this afternoon despite the thundershower warning. I'm really missing those rockin' machines downstairs in the meantime. I had forgotten what a full size set is capable of and honestly am considering some kind of medal for myself for persevering with cloth diapering twins using our little 24" machines for as long as I have.

Or a trip to the asylum.

Let's just say I'm glad I didn't know any better when I started out on this venture and I'm going to do my best to forget what I've learned in the past couple of days.

On the upside, it looks like we'll have new neighbors soon. I wonder if they have any idea that they're moving in beneath a family with twins or if they'll just be finding out the hard way – like at 7 AM on a Saturday morning, perhaps.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment