Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our Hiatus & The Aftermath

I apologize for the break in our regular posting, but it's been a busy two weeks with Grandma Rita visiting us. She left for home late this morning and we're still adjusting – some of us better than others.

This, for example, is the face of a very sad baby:



Now, it could be a case of the sads brought on by the imminent arrival of our first teeth, or maybe mommy was just late with lunch.

BUT!

I've never really seen quite this look on Nate's face before, at least not for a prolonged period of time. It's always pretty easy to get a smile out of Nate – but not today. He wasn't crying or making any noise really – just looking sad and a little watery around the eyes on and off (although mostly on) for a couple of hours in the early afternoon today. I think he was missing his Gamma. : (

Seth was more or less business as usual – perhaps a little more animated since he was making a grab for the camera here:



And although it's far from being a good photo I'm posting it simply because unlike a lot of the pictures on this blog, you can really see what beautiful blue eyes he has – and so I've added it just because.

I think that's all we can manage for today, but there is a folder on my laptop with about a truckload of pictures in it and as soon as I can type up the stories behind them all I'll be posting as fast as the babies will let me.

It was a lovely visit, but the hiatus is over. We're back.

Thank you for your patience.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment